Thai Prawn Curry with Poppadoms
1 (14oz can) of unsweetened coconut milk (whisked to blend)
2 Teaspoons red Thai curry paste
1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1/3-inch-wide strips
2 cups of sugar snap peas
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
1 pound King prawns (shelled and deveined)
1 ½ teaspoons of palm sugar (or brown sugar if you can’t find palm sugar)
1 tablespoon fish sauce (nam pla)
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
Chopped fresh dill
1. Bring 1/4 cup coconut milk and curry paste to boil in large skillet over medium-high heat, whisking constantly.
2. Add bell pepper, sugar snap peas and onion; sauté 5 minutes stirring frequently.
3. Stir in prawns, remaining coconut milk and sugar.
4. Cook until prawns are cooked through, stirring often, about 3 minutes.
5. Stir in fish sauce and lime juice and cook for a further minute.
5. Plate over Jasmine rice and sprinkle with fresh dill. Serve alongside warmed poppadoms.
Note: poppadoms can be brushed with oil and microwaved between paper towels for 40 seconds.