There’s no two ways about it, for this recipe you need a Madeleine pan, but the fact that within 20 minutes you can always whip up a batch of these soft, buttery French classics should be enough to convince you to get one. You can make them without raspberries but I loved the touch of tartness and juiciness that they added.
Published in Recipes from Many Kitchens
Makes approximately 20 Madeleines
4.5 ounces (127g) unsalted butter
3 large eggs
4.5 ounces (130g) sugar
6 ounces (170g) flour
¼ teaspoon baking powder
15 raspberries (cut in half)
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F/190°C.
2. In a small saucepan, melt the butter and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat the eggs and sugar until the mixture becomes pale.
4. Sift the flour into the bowl, then add the baking soda and butter to the mixture. Stir well until smooth.
5. Butter up the madeleine molds well and add mixture to mold until each is 3/4 full. Nestle a raspberry half in the middle of each one.
6. Bake for 10 – 15 minutes until the color is just beginning to turn. They pop right out of their molds and can be served immediately.