This recipe will add some sizzle to your weekday grind. With a choice of red or green piri piri sauce and even a Romesco Sauce for good measure, simply roasted chicken and potatoes turned into a meal that packed a flavorful punch.
Piri Piri Chicken
6 chicken legs
6 chicken thighs
Olive oil for drizzling
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1 jar Green Piri Piri Sauce
1 jar Red Piri Piri Sauce
1 jalapeño, sliced thinly for garnish
1/4 cup washed cilantro leaves as garnish
1. Preheat your oven to 450° F.
2. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. On the first sheet, lay down chicken pieces skin side up. Drizzle with olive oil and top with salt and pepper.
3. On your other cookie sheet add your fingerling potatoes. Again drizzle with olive oil and season to taste. Bake for 20 minutes until crispy on outside and tender on the inside.
4. Bake chicken for about 30 minutes until crispy brown and fully cooked.
5. Combine your chicken and potatoes on a serving platter and top with piri piri sauce. The sauce can be a bit spicy so add to your taste.
6. Garnish with sliced jalapeño and cilantro.