Sometimes the simplest recipes are the best. I learnt how to make these scrambled eggs from my father who is a firm believer that you never add milk and you have to take your time.
Creamy Scrambled Eggs and Bacon
4 organic eggs
2 tablespoons butter
Salt and pepper to taste
Bacon (Schaller & Weber’s Double Smoked Bacon is my favorite) Just pan fry slices until crispy and blot on paper towels before serving
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan and reduce to the lowest heat possible.
2. Meanwhile break the eggs into a bowl, add salt and beat with a fork.
3. Add eggs to the saucepan and keep on the lowest heat possible.
4. With a wooden spoon, gently scrape the bottom of the pan continuously. This part takes the longest but is worth it!
5. The eggs should begin to slowly solidify.
6. Turn the heat off just BEFORE you think they’re done. They will keep cooking once the heat is turned off.
7. Serve with hot buttered toast and bacon.