This recipe calls for fresh asparagus, minimally prepared to bring out the vegetable’s naturally distinctive, delicious flavor. This dish is ready in about 15 minutes and pairs well with fish or meat, as its own course or as a fresh and flavorful snack.
2 bunches of fresh asparagus (about 2 pounds)
1-2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
Sel Magique classic blend
1. Wash the asparagus and angle-trim to uniform length.
2. Steam until bright green and crisp but easily penetrated by a fork (about 10 minutes).
3. Drain and rinse in cold water and return to the pot.
4. Toss with the juice of one lemon (about 2 tablespoons) and butter.
5. Plate and sprinkle a dash or two of Sel Magique over the asparagus.
6. Garnish with lemon slice and serve warm.