This dish is street food in the best sense. Spice Tree Organics have wonderfully recreated the delectable flavor that so many New Yorkers crave on their lunch breaks and often wait in long lines to savor. Whether you’re a fan of Halal Cart Chicken or just looking for an easy weeknight dinner, you should give this a try. It far surpasses any I’ve tasted on the street and making it at home, I can ensure it includes only the freshest ingredients.
NYC Halal Cart Chicken with White Sauce
1 lb boneless chicken thighs, cut into small cubes
1 tablespoon Spice Tree Organics NYC Halal Cart Chicken
1 ½ teaspoon vinegar
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 Medium onion, sliced into strips
Sea salt to taste
1/2 cup diced cherry tomatoes for garnish
1 tablespoon fresh minced parsley for garnish
1. Mix the vinegar, 1 tablespoon oil, spices, and salt in a bowl. Add chicken and mix to coat well.
2. Refrigerate and let sit for 2 hours to marinate.
3. Heat remaining oil in a skillet and sauté onion until translucent, about 5 minutes.
4. Add chicken and cook thoroughly for approximately 10 minutes.
5. Serve alongside turmeric flavored basmati rice and white sauce, recipe below.
6. Garnish with cherry tomatoes and fresh chopped parsley
¼ cup mayo
¼ cup sour cream
1 small garlic clove, finely grated
2 teaspoon white vinegar
½ teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon water
Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
2 tsp chopped dill
1. Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
2. Refrigerate for one hour to allow flavors to combine.