Gone are the days of using jarred sauces and hiding them from guests out of shame. No more pretending that we made every last morsel from scratch. Now we shout proudly, “can you believe how good it is? And straight from a jar!”. The ingredient labels on these “next generation” jarred sauces list foods we fully recognize, sourced from the freshest ingredients and made in small batches so that conceivably, we could have made them ourselves. We’re so lucky to offer a slew of these fantastic sauces on Many Kitchens which take us across Europe and over to Asia. We’re so pleased to be adding Akka’s products to this category. Made from Lawrence Dass’ great grandmother’s recipe, Akka’s Eggplant Relish was a Good Food Award winner and the Curry Paste was a finalist – the two together make for an exceptional and exotic dinner with just the right amount of sweet and heat. And all ready by the time your rice has boiled!
Prawn Curry with Eggplant Relish
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, diced
1/2 jar of Akka’s Curry Paste
1 can of coconut milk
1lb of fresh prawns, peeled and deveined
Akka’s Eggplant Relish for serving
1. In a large frying pan, heat the oil and fry the onion for approximately 5 minutes until soft.
2. Add the curry paste, stir well and continue to cook for a further 2 minutes.
3. Add the coconut milk, reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Add the prawns and cook through – approximately 4-5 minutes.
5. Serve with Basmati rice, nan and Eggplant Relish