This dish is an easy crowd pleaser. The jerk sauce is a wonderful alternative to a rub and the hot sauce gives a burst of heat and flavor (not for the faint of heart). You can serve as a main course by adding a side of rice or as an easy bbq appetizer!
Jerk Chicken Skewers
1 lb chicken breast, cut into 1 inch cubes
1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 orange bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 large yellow onion, chopped into 1 inch pieces
10 wooden skewers
1 bottle Caribbean Hot Sauce, for dipping (optional, if you don't like spicy food skip it)
1) Heat the grill. If gas, heat to high and if using coals, until they glow orange and begin to ash.
2) In a large bowl, marinate chicken and and vegetables. Cover and set in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
3) Meanwhile soak skewers in water.
4) Drain the chicken and vegetables, discarding the excess marinade.
5) Start threading the skewers, alternating between chicken, onion and bell peppers.
6) Arrange skewers on the grill. Grill about 3 minutes per side until chicken is fully cooked.
7) Serve immediately with a bowl of Caribbean Hot Sauce as a dipping sauce.