The world of artisanal food is exploding with new products and trends. We’re getting so many interesting packages and are beginning to add a myriad of new products to the site. I’m loving brainstorming and recipe testing with Aurora on unique ways of using these innovative products! First up is The Chili Lab whose subtle but utterly distinctive chili salts are giving a lift to everything I’m cooking from steaks to this delicious corn dish. Their chili butters are now my preferred spread on my ultimate breakfast sandwich and really any dish that needs a pick me up. I am blown away by the bold/bright flavors of their products and already know who I’m sending their gift box to for Christmas! I hope you will find them as tasty as we have.
Roasted Corn with Jalapeno and Manchego
Adapted from Bon Appétit
Serves 8 as a side dish
6 years of unhusked corn
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 teaspoon chili salt
1 jalapeño, seeded and finely diced
1 lime, juiced
1/4 cup thinly sliced chives
1 cup finely grated Manchego cheese
2 teaspoons finely grated lime zest
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2. Roast unhusked corn on a baking sheet for about 15 minutes – turn once.
3. Let the corn cool and then shuck. Cut the kernels from the cobs and discard the cobs.
4. Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the kernels and sauté for 5 minutes – stirring regularly until you begin to see the corn brown.
5. Add the butter and stir until melted.
6. Season with chili salt of your choosing.
7. Sprinkle with jalapeño, lime juice, chives, cheese and lime zest.